Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conditions.

3 posters

Go down

Conditions. Empty Conditions.

Post by ZephyrNightstorm Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:09 pm

Well my final post of this day will be about conditions in PvP usage.

Lets list the conditions on a row.

1. Weakness
2. Burning
3. Blindness
4. Poisoned
5. Diseased.
6. Dazed
7. Cracked
8. Crippled
9. Bleeding
10. Deep wound.
11. Knockdown.

(I thought these were the ones)

Anyway lets start with Weakness.
1) Weakness lowers the ability scores -1 point of every attribute. Example : 2 smiting prayers become 1 smiting prayers.
Also the Psycial damage done lowers tremendously. Good condition for the Ranger, Paragon, Warrior, Dervish and Assasin to use on.
Classes that has good skills to use this for are : Warrior (Hammer based) Necromancers and Dervishes.

2) Burning.

Burning is mostly a "condition" used by Elementalists (fire magic) Ritualist can cause burning with spirit burn (Which was originaly not so). In some skill cases the target foe needs to be burning to get a nice secondary effect.
Example the water magic steam. Does low damage normally. But if the target burns it does around 100ish damage and blinds target foe for 10 seconds. Burning does -7 health degeneration which means -14 health every second.
So in lets say 7 seconds you've lost 84 health just do burning. Don't underestimate this condition.

3) Blindness.

Blindness makes physical attacks miss for 90% chance. In other words shuts down all melee classes. Mostly air elementalist use this condition, but a Ranger can use throw mud, or a Dervish can use Ebon Dust Aura and another skill in the earth prayer attribute. For monks this is a pre to heal of on your melee teammembers, since they'll be sacks of meat otherwise.

4) Poisoned.

Poison makes your health bar turn green, and I believe you lose -3 health regen which means 6 health each second.
Some skills make use of these poison conditions pretty nicely. It is also a nice cover condition mostly used by rangers. Necromancers can inflict this condition also, but it a bit harder. Assasins got 2 skills I believe which can inflict poison, and got a nifty signet what can do 100 damage on a poisoned target.. Mean sins..

5) Diseased.

Disease makes your health bar turn green. It makes you lose -4 health regen which means 8 health a second.
Disease skips across all members of the same race. In Pvp this skill is useless unless someone uses Tainted Flesh which was the damage dealer in the IWAY group a long time ago. Disease spreads around the same race, so in pvp your enemies will be diseased but so will be your teammates. Very usefull in Pve, not in PvP. Necromancers are the only one to be able to inflict this condition.

6) Dazed.

Dazed makes your spells casting time increase to 100% so 1 second becomes 2 seconds, etc.
Also it makes your spells easily interupted. That means if the target is dazed and wants to cast for example Word of Healing, and a warrior strikes his sword at the same time and HITS the monk, the spell will be interupted.
Very usefull to cancel out spellcasters. It's recognized by bubbles above your head. Also mostly rangers use this condition altough, Paragons and warriors have skill that can make you dazed. Also there is a ranger pet skill that can make Knockdowned targets dazed for a short while. Apply poison + Broad Daze Arrow are a good combination since the poison condition is applied AFTER the daze. So you have a cover condition. Assasins have 1 skill to daze also. or 2.. I don't remember Razz

7) Cracked (Armor)

I call this condition Cracked, but it is cracked armor in full.
It lowers your armor -20 points. But it cannot be lower then 60 Armor. In other words if your a caster with 60 armor only, and no insignia's whatsoever that increases your armor, this condition is harmless.
Warriors and paragons hate these the most. It's introduced in EoTN, and it's a lesser used condition.

Cool Crippled.

Crippled makes you move I believe 33% slower then before. It's great to easily gang up on a fleeing target, altough great skill synergy isn't there with this condition, mostly used as a cover condition, but it must be used in some missions, for example in the Cavern mission in Nightfall with Dunkoro.
A so-so condition, with helpfull sides.. Warriors and Rangers use this mostly, altough paragons can inflict it also and dervishes of course also. Assasins have some skills for this also.

9) Bleeding

Bleeding turns your hp bar in a slight less red color. It makes you lose -3 health regen a second meaning 6 hp a second. it has good synergy with some skills, and it is mostly afflicted by rangers, warriors and paragons and assasins

10) Deep wound.

This little condition is in my opinion one bad ass thing to inflict on your foe.
It lowers the hp with -100. And it makes sure the target gets healed for 20% less HP when a healing spell or skill is used. It doesn't have synergy skills, but it rocks anyway without any.
It is notified by a little gray bar on your hp bar, which blocks out exactly 100 hp.
Mesmers, warriors, paragons and assasins are the ones who inflict this the most.
Be carefull, since mostly death follows with this condition.

11) Knockdown.

Altough not a real condition, it's a nuisance to be done to you.
Some skills protect you versus knockdowns altough it's hard to guess when and how to use those, and most of them only prevent you from kding and nothing else.. so a block stance or spell works better then.
Air elementalist can use this nicely, and sins and warriors love to knockdown. Better get used to lying on a floor since it will happen a lot in pvp.

In short, Assasins are master of conditions, Rangers follow up next altough they lack deep wound. Warriors can Kd, bleed, deep wound, weaken, cripple and daze.

Assasins can fight everything, rangers are ment mostly to fight spellcasters and with their +30 armor vs elemental damage, they own versus Elementalists. Warrior got high armor and attack speed and run speed to follow so they should make short work of monks.. altough.. monks.. *sigh* Just need to learn to love the bald naked monk danceing on your corpse.
ZephyrNightstorm
ZephyrNightstorm
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Conditions. Empty Re: Conditions.

Post by Ash Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:10 pm

Wow this is nicely coied from somehwere, or you have way too much time on your hands lol
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://goldrocks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrNightstorm Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:11 pm

Ash wrote:Wow this is nicely coied from somehwere, or you have way too much time on your hands lol

To much time on my hands I guess Very Happy. cheers
ZephyrNightstorm
ZephyrNightstorm
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:05 am

Hmm too much time eh? and why were you not using this time playing guild wars? lol
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrNightstorm Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:42 am

I play Gw as much as I can, but sometimes I'm bored of it, and I want to do something else, so I thought I'd help out innocent new people who would like to know what conditions are.
ZephyrNightstorm
ZephyrNightstorm
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:15 pm

and slpwly work your way away from the rank of insolent moron lol
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrNightstorm Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:15 pm

You got that right ash Smile.
I just wonder if there are OTHER people beside you and me checking out this forum...

I doubt it..
ZephyrNightstorm
ZephyrNightstorm
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:16 am

Im gonna change the Guild announcement to get more people active
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eas Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:33 am

HEY!!! I read this forum, just not as much cause of my exams now :p
Tried changing the guild announcement, didn't do much good. Maybe we should start threatning people with kicking if they don't register ^^
Eas
Eas
Survivor Freak
Survivor Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum